Position: Crisis Counselor
Post Date: September 2015 Start Date: October 2015
Type: Full time Length: One year grant position (probable renewal)
Salary Range: Depend on experience/education –Determined by Executive Director
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and two years experience working with individuals within the human service delivery system.
Preferred Qualifications: REAL Crisis Volunteer Crisis Counselor Training; ASIST certification, strong communication, organization and management skills; ability to build strong relationships; experience working with volunteers and professional staff to develop effective programming; and successful experience in teamwork.
Special Requirements: A valid driver’s license and criminal record check will be conducted, and drug testing upon request.
The Crisis Counselor Position will be supervised directly by the Shift Supervisor and indirectly supervised by Assistant Director to enhance services at the REAL Crisis Center.
Description of Duties:
Specific duties include:
• Crisis Counselor via telephone, walk-in and off-site services
• Suicide Intervention Counselor
• Identify new and emerging trends, challenges and issues, in Information and Referral programming.
• Responsible for overseeing the accuracy and enhancement of the Information and Referral program.
• Represent and enhance relationships on behalf of REAL Crisis Center with local agencies, organizations and community groups.
• Identify client trends and implement programming to enhance services
• Continuously enhance REAL Crisis’s resource materials for crisis intervention..
• Assist with fund raising and special events for REAL Crisis
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ensure compliance with approved Board policies and procedures and laws governing the organization’s operations.
• Ensure that all legal, grant and contractual obligations are met.
REAL Crisis is a 24/7 center that requires all staff to be flexible in their work week schedule to ensure coverage of shifts. However, this 40 hour a week on-site position is scheduled to work one of four shifts: 1)8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Work weeks include Monday through Sunday (5 consecutive days) at the REAL Crisis Center– Flexibility in scheduling work hours is necessary at the REAL Crisis Center.
All interested candidates should contact REAL Crisis Center via email to email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The job announcement lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that position.