Want to help others and make a meaningful difference in your community? REAL Crisis Intervention Inc. has a variety of ways talented and caring people can get involved. To get started, complete the form below and we'll help find opportunities that are a good fit for you.
REAL Crisis Intervention, Inc. - Greenville, NC
Since 1971, The REAL Crisis Center has provided life-saving support to individuals in need. Our mission-driven team of counselors, interns, and volunteers provides crucial support and intervention to an average of 100,000 callers and texters each year through the 988 suicide and crisis hotline. At REAL Crisis Center, we strive to be a beacon of hope for every caller we serve. Are you looking for a fulfilling career where you can make a real impact?
About This Role:
Crisis Counselors play a critical role in helping people during their greatest time of need. As the first point of contact for phone and text-based inquiries from individuals in crisis, the ideal candidate will be empathetic, flexible, able to multitask in a human services environment, have an eye for detail, possess strong listening and communication skills, and be a team player who is able to build solid relationships for a successful career.
The REAL Crisis Center is a 24-hour facility. This is a full-time position with five, eight-hour shifts per week. Shift times may vary.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis support via walk-in, phone, and a text-based web platform
- Utilize an informed, open, and objective approach to de-escalate callers experiencing mental health crises
- Offer compassionate, trauma-informed support for individuals at-risk of suicide
- Assess and determine risk level and appropriate interventions
- Refer callers to appropriate resources
- Provide follow up services to those in crisis
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, sociology, or related field with some human services experience; or
- Associate’s degree with 2 years human services experience
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Yearly performance raises
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Extensive training opportunities
To apply for this role, please submit a resume along with a brief statement of interest to Gus Benson at Personnelrealcrisis@gmail.com.