Do good. Feel good.
Helping others might not be your full-time job — but protecting those in need can be the most fulfilling role you’ll ever have. REAL Crisis Center needs volunteers like you to get involved in a variety of roles and settings.
Volunteer Crisis Counselor
- Contact the REAL Crisis Center for an application or click here.
- Required: 56 hours of training including 32 in the classroom time and at least 24 hours of internship with an experienced counselor
Volunteer Board of Directors
- Required: Nomination by an active board or staff member and voted on as a board member
Volunteer Bilingual Assistant
- Required: Volunteer orientation training
- Internship (minimum 12 hours)
Rape Victim Companion Program
- Required: Volunteer crisis counseling training
- Three months as a crisis counselor
- Additional 12-hour training course and a minimum 10 hours of internship
Special Events Assistant
- Required: Volunteer orientation training for that specific event
Volunteer Information Specialist
- Required: Volunteer orientation training and internship (minimum 12 hours)
- Available for college students
- Required: Interview plus 56 hours of training including 32 in the classroom time and at least 24 hours of internship with an experienced counselor